Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's resolutions? Ditch the coffee and candy

How are you all? Anyone make any New Year's resolutions?

I didn't. Forgot to, actually. New Year's isn't as exciting as it once was. Since we had our first kid, we've been in bed well before midnight every Dec 31.

In past years, I made a number of resolutions. Most of them had to do with eczema. They were along the lines of "won't scratch so much." I was no more successful than people who resolve to lose weight and take out gym memberships. My father-in-law has a great cartoon from the New Yorker-- a bunch of blobs of fat out for a jog (they may have some label like "Your Lost Weight") and one turns to another and says "It's about time to head back."

One thing I do have to do, though, is kick the addiction to sugar and caffeine I reacquired over Christmas. We got a new coffeemaker--Hidden B likes it every day, and I indulge on Sundays normally, but had several cups a day over the last week--and because I ate so many chocolates, I developed a craving that would hit me every afternoon around 3. I know neither sugar nor caffeine are good for eczema. So: away with ye, coffee and candy!

The first work week after the holidays has been busy and we've had a series of minor crises in the house (both kids are sick; car trouble; Hidden B working out bugs on her new Android phone) so I'm not up to the minute on eczema news. Let me get back to you when I am. I'm also hoping in the near future to talk to a philanthropist about fundraising strategy, and to have a conversation with UCSF's Martin Steinhoff about itch centers in Germany.

2 comments:

  1. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS

    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by DR JAMES , but the best way to fight against herpes virus is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases herbal cream for Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete